Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What a train wreck!!!

I can't believe how off track this day became!!! It started out so so.....I got up, got the wood stove stoked up, and had Amanda start the van so that we could go to seminary. Mom is officially done substituting for the early morning seminary, so I'm the lucky one who gets to take her! ha ha.... So as I'm leaving Max wakes up.....the deal is that if he wakes up after I leave then Collin sits with him watching tv until I get back, but.....if he wakes up before I leave.....I get to take him with me. Which is fine, except I didn't have the dvd/vcr player set up and if I took him, I wanted to just wait the 45 mins in the driveway, rather than going back home for 20 minutes and coming back.....so then I had to put in the player and get Max ready to go, so of course we left a little tiny bit late....... But we got there and the next 45 mins was lovely. Max watched his movies and I read my book and the silence was AWESOME!!!! Then reality came back. :) Amanda got to drive to school and she was very happy. I had to make the decision on the way home about vball.....I woke up with a sore shoulder and I knew that of I played I'd risk aggravating it worse. So I had to decide not to go.....and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth.....or not. There were many mumbled curses hurled at our bed however. We're not sure what happened, but for some reason the bed we brought from our guest bedroom isn't working well in our room. We know there's a floor issue as it is the loft of a very old barn and so it's not real level in places, but we didn't feel like it was just the floor. So we've spent some time here and there trying different things, like taking it off the frame and shifting it around, building little platforms for the wheels to level the bed and of course endlessly debating it back and forth to try and fix it. But today was the final straw I really felt that it had kept me from playing today and my back has been sore all week and I think it's the bed's fault too. So Brent was very awesome and did some more playing with it tonight and now it looks as if it's going to work much better. So I'll keep you posted....I'm sure you can't wait for that bit of news.

Back to the morning...so now I'm staying home and I'm thinking....what all can I get done!!! Of course, since it's "free" day as in I would have been doing something else anyway....I can get tons and tons of stuff done!! And hey even get in some more book work for the boys...... ha ha... I got breakfast done and the boys started on chores and I had to hit toilet...my stomach was not doing well.....it wasn't anything major but it just wasn't right and then I kept having to go. So there went getting anything done. Brent and Collin had something like this earlier in the week, so we're thinking it's some sort of mild stomach bug cause it hit Mom, Max and I today and it's not major, it just sucks the energy out of you and you have to stay close to the toilet. So I was just kinda there this morning. Max and I took a nap before lunch, cause I was delusional and thought perhaps I'd get in to town still. But the nap was nice for both of us and when we woke up we had a lovely lunch of stew and potato patties. Then we went to leave and Mom decided to stay home, which kinda negated the whole reason I wanted to go in to town, as she and I have a health food store we want to check out, but I don't know where it's at and she does. So after I got gas and went through the car wash (the windows were so bad I couldn't see out of the passenger one, I'm not real sure what happened there, but somehow it got smeared and bad.) I went back home. Then I'm thinking I'm doing better, so I'll do some bills, catch up on the blog some more.....yeah right. I did get bills done, but not the blogging. I did visit the bathroom some more though. Brent came home and got right on the bed issue, then we had dinner and he, Amanda and Collin left to take Amanda to driver's ed and Brent and Collin ran some errands while she was at driver's ed. Then Amanda got to drive home in the snow for the very first time. She did fine, but she did say it was a little scary. So we'll see if she asks to drive in the snow again anytime soon.

We kinda missed the whole night time routine tonight, but the boys are in bed asleep and now I'm headed there to.

No comments: