Yuck, only a week into this and I'm having to play catch-up. Oh well it's been a busy few days. And I find that knowing I'm going to blog about my day later I pay attention and am living in the moment more. So that's a plus for this obssesion. :) Although for those who check in dailey it may not feel like an obssesion as I don't tend to post really long posts or do a lot of minute details, but hey it's as obsessive as a girl can be who's raising six kids!!!
Thursday found me staggering around for the morning.....not a big suprise there with the late bedtime, as in 1:30am!! But I got Than and Collin off with Grandma to piano, and managed to get a few things done. I spent the morning and early afternoon cleaning. Then I spent some time on the computer.....not blogging though.
For dinner we had chicken gravey over biscuits, which Max helped make. He loves to be in the kitchen helping, actually he loves to help no matter what you're doing and if we can keep him busy helping us, he's a breeze. Then it becomes a challenge to find ways he can help us as we do our day to day chores. He helps with just about everything, he loves to feed the dogs, sweep, vacuum, dust, wash windows, feed the horse, clean up after the horse, pull weeds, rake, hammer, use the cordless screwdriver with Daddy or Grandpa and really the list could go on and on if my tired brain would cooperate. He's happiest helping us.
Then Mom and I took Than, Collin, Lee and Jayden to the library so we could get something to read. The librian signed the older two boys up for a reading program where they can earn a ticket to the NBA basketball team's game, they play about an hour and a half south of us. So Hubby will get to take them to that when they earn them. I think Amanda is also going to log her reading and earn one too. They only have to read 500 pages and that is easy enough for Than and Amanda, Collin still is working at reading that much consitantly, he goes in fits and spurts, but he's the only one so far who has finished books for me to log. So we'll see.
Friday, Hubby didn't have to work, so we prioritized our to do list and went to work. We finished moving the wood pile to our place, and that took us most of the day. Then Collin and I rode Nebby. After which I tackled a new chore chart and routine chart. I'm still tweaking what needs to be done and who can do it. And we're way out of practice with following a routine, so I've done up a new one for our new life. Then Hubby took the boys swimming, all five of them, by himself again, so that I could get the checkbooks balanced and the bills paid. Of course I couldn't get one of them balanced (we have four) and so I had to have his help. By 11pm I had it all under control, except for actually writting checks. So I did that this morning and then went out and helped clean up the horse pasture. Did I mention that I went to sleep at 3am this morning? I am by nature a night owl, but these little imps AKA: my children have subverted my nature and I'm now a morning person....kind of......well really I stagger around for the first hour or two.....but I also usually flop into bed around 10:30 and am fast asleep soon after. Unheard of in my BK days. But it's been a really long time since I stayed up till 3am. I didn't even make it that long on New Years, although I was proud that we not only stayed up and were choherant at midnight, but we then proceded to clean up from all our snacking and partying that day/night. Then I staggered out of bed at 7:30am this morning. So to even be coherent to deal with bills was amazing. :)
I'm sure I'll be incoherant by 7pm tonight.
Good thing I'm staying home with Max while everyone else goes to the movies.
Then again, what havioc can he wreak while I stagger around until 7:30pm when he's ready to go down.........? Stay tuned.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment