Sunday, January 14, 2007

hhhmmmm....

I see a trend here....for two weeks in a row I've missed Thursday and Friday....a sign that perhaps I get busy those days? I'm not sure as at this exact moment I can't even remember what I was doing!! I'm going to have to sit here quietly and think.....think.......think.....

Oh Yeah!! Thursday didn't go as planned.....that threw me off that day. We went to the library in the morning as we'd missed that Tuesday and Mom and the older two boys had piano in the afternoon. So I tried to upload pics at the library....but it wasn't much more successful than at home.....so I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment. I can do it, but it takes two to five tries and I never know what the difference is. After the library we came home and had lunch, then Mom left with the boys and I think Max and I took a nap. Then after dinner I left for my Mom's Night Out with my homeschooling group. We meet at B&N and just talk and laugh a lot. I got home around 11:30 or so. That may have something to do with why I didn't write.....hmmmmm Oh and Than, Collin and Max were awake when I got home, so I had to get Max asleep but of course he'd had just enough sleep to be difficult. He'd fallen asleep really well for my parents and then woken up twice after they went to their trailer. The first time Collin got Max right back to sleep, but the second he just wouldn't go, so he and Than watched tv with him. Brent got home after me, having gone to a business meeting. So in the end, Brent got to put him asleep.

Friday......hmmmmmm Max had slept lousy, but was still awake by 6am, so after breakfast, he went down for a nap right away. Oh and since he'd slept lousy.....so had I.....so I went back to sleep with him. Then we had lunch and went swimming. We went swimming with two families this time and we had a great time. Then when we got home I had to take Amanda to her ortho apt. They are pleased with what they're seeing so far. Then she and I had BK for dinner and I dropped her off for an overnight church youth group game night and planning session. When I got home everyone had eaten homemade pizza that Max helped make and were hanging out. After awhile everyone watched a movie and then we headed to bed. But I think I was lazy and thought I'd catch up on my writing on Saturday.....but that didn't happen obviously....well obviously to anyone who reads (trys to read) this on a daily basis. :) Sometime during the afternoon a friend stopped by and dropped off her dog, so we could have her over the weekend to dog sit, while they went south to visit family.

Saturday.......I woke up ready to clean. After several busy days the cabin usually needs a good overhaul. Plus stuff had gotten piled up in different areas. So I gave the downstairs a really good cleaning. Dad took the garbage and recycle to the station. Then he cleaned up the woodshed, which needed to be reconfigured and cleaned up as it had become a dumping ground. Then he put up walls on one side of my bedroom AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING!!!!!! That only leaves one wall in my room!!! Brent had to go in to work as it was his week to supervise and they shut down the plant during a routine test, so Brent had to go in to help get it back up and running. He worked all day. Mom was in and out working her various church lessons. Then we had meatloaf for dinner and the kids just hung out doing their stuff while I worked on my church lesson and Mom got stuff prepped for dinner for Sunday as our friends with the dog were coming by and we invited them for dinner. We also got lunches made for after church.

Sunday.......we woke up, got dressed and ate, then left for church. Max was a terror, his sleep patterns have gotten worse all week....and so I drove him around during the first hour of church and finally got him to sleep as he was unbearable in church. Then I went and taught my children's class of 9 kids ages 3-7, we don't usually have such an age range, usually each age has their own class but this ward is so small we don't have many kids and sometimes this class has a handful of kids and sometimes it's packed! So it's hard to have another teacher prepare a lesson only to have one or two kids show up. After church we came home and while we usually try to have Sunday be our rest day.....I hadn't gotten to the upstairs Saturday, so I needed to organize the boys room and pickup my room, as we'd just been dumping stuff upstairs everyday for a week. Then Brent and Max took a nap while I finished up some details downstairs, just as I was finishing one last load of laundry our friends showed up. We had a really great time with them, one of their sons is just becoming a vegan and Mom enjoyed making some dishes that he would enjoy that were not only meatless, but egg less and milk less. After they left we read scriptures, had family prayer and put the boys down for bed. Then Brent and I had a planning session and now I'm headed to bed after one or two more emails. Dad headed for KY today, and he made it their safely and is waiting to unload in the morning.

We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight, I sure hope so, the west coast has been hogging it recently!!!

Carrie

No comments: