We did indeed ride the snowmobiles today....with our new helmets! However I didn't remember the camera until we already out riding.....so maybe another time you'll see our cool black "Knight Rider" helmets, well OK, the shield isn't black, but the rest is.....
We also went to a local art museum today and the three older boys had a lesson on an artist and then did a project in that artist's style. Of course when I asked them afterwards who they learned about.......they couldn't tell me........so we might be missing a little bit of why we're going..... The younger two boys and I hang out in the hands on part of the museum where there is lots of paper, markers, glue and misc. items to make things with. Except today, Max slept in the van with Jayden and I most of the time, so we only got to spend a small amount of time in the room. But they still managed to make a mess.......I mean got a chance to use their creativity.......
I spent this morning getting all of Collin's files faxed to a Endo parathyroid specialist out of FL. He only deals with parathyroids and he does 8-10 surgeries a day three to four days a week. So he has a lot of experience with what is most likely wrong with Collin. He'll do a telephone consult with us, after we've sent Collin's info to him and he's had time to review it. So we'll see what happens there.
Collin continues to deal with a lot of physical issues, such as pain in his bones and muscles and stomach upsets and lack of appetite, along with a lot of emotional issues. These are all things that can be brought on by an issue with the parathyroid. His levels of calcium and parathyroid hormone indicate that he is dealing with a parathyroid issue. But the Endo that we've consulted in Milwaukee wants to wait and see and we really do not want to wait and see. The Endo does not believe the Collin's levels are high enough to cause his problems and that it won't hurt him to wait. But from what we've read, his levels are definitely high enough to cause issues and the longer we wait the more damage that could potentially occur to his heart and bones. Not to mention the stress level the we all deal with from his emotional swings. So we'll see what this doctor has to say and then we'll let you know.....
Tomorrow we're off to piano and youth group at church, with Brent working long hours, I probably won't make it on to post. So hopefully I'll see you all Thursday! We "only" have library, errands, lunch at a friends (hopefully) and archery Thursday. So I'll probably squeeze in a post that day, if I remember!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment