
Here are the jars and jars of canning that Mom did the other day, there's marinara sauce, green beans and pickles.

We try to teach the kids to have a nutritious meal by having lots of color on their plates from different foods, so here's Jayden's colorful plate.

The garden is fading away......fall is coming....here the kids pull up half the corn stalks and load them into the truck.
Last night right before I went to bed I checked my email and I had a reminder for a play date for Lee that I had forgotten about!!! Which meant that I was going to GB after all....I had planned on skipping vball and staying home, but I'm so glad I did go as the day turned out well, it didn't end well, but I'll get to that in a moment....
So I got up, took Amanda to the friend who usually drives her into seminary (she wasn't available yesterday, so I took the friend's daughter and Amanda instead), came home, made sure the boys were on track for eating and chores, medicated Than for an earache he developed overnight, told them to make lunches and snacks for vball, took a shower, ate and left to pick up Amanda and take her to school.(I have about 20-30 mins when I get home before I have to turn around and get Amanda) OH YEAH!!! AND I found out that I lost five pounds in the last five or six days!!! So now I'm singing Max's "oh yeah, oh yeah...." song. :)
I came home after dropping off Amanda, finished off Lee and Collin's great work on getting lunches and snacks together and loaded up the cooler, two vacuums that needed repairs and entertainment items for the boys while at vball. And went back in to get the keys, when I came back out I realized that my back right tire was flat...I was already running about ten minutes late.....so I had to call Brent to find out what I needed to do to run Dad's air compressor, turns out it was all ready, I just needed to pop on the right attachment!! So I got that all done and then had to go straight to the gas station and fill up. So we finally got on the road about 45 mins late! But we got to Lee's play date and I got to volleyball!
I'm pleased with Lee's play date as he doesn't have friends his age, they're all his older brother's friends that Lee tags along with, which works well and everybody gets along well with everybody else, but he doesn't have anyone his age...so today went well and he made a bird house in his friend's wood workshop. Guess I could have taken a picture, but really it's just like every other bird house you see.....
Vball was awesome and I'm so glad I went. An old friend showed up today and it was so great to see her.
Then I was off on errands, got two used seat belts from the junkyard as Happy chewed our suburban and van front passenger seat belts and while the surbs seat belt works it's partly frayed and the van's seat belt worked for a while (although also frayed), but now it's completely locked up, so got those. That only took 5 mths.......
Picked up Lee, dropped of Collin at piano lessons, where we met Mom who then had him with her the rest of the day....Than opted to stay home with his ear ache, which worked well as I'd scheduled the horse to be trimmed today when I thought I was staying home and Than was healthy enough to go hold her for that, since I wasn't going to make it home in time with the change of my plans.
Then I dropped off the two vacuums, ran to Petco, Fleet Farm, Aldi's and Walmart, which took about 3 hrs or so.....
Then I stopped by a friend's house and picked up her two kids because they just bought their house and the shipper's are coming tomorrow and Friday with all their stuff and I thought it'd be easier on her if I just kept the kids.
Came home in time to eat a wonderful dinner Mom prepared for us and was just getting ready to sort kids out to do chores and I notice that Happy, who I happened to be standing by, was starting to get what looked like a hind leg cramp.....but then he started to seizure, although at that point of course we had no idea what was going on....I called Brent over and we watched him for a few moments, trying to decide if he was seizing or if he was reacting to poison. I thought he'd die right in front of us, he was shaking and twitching so bad. I actually did have a dog die when I was young in front of me from a seizure. Finally I told Brent to put him in the van, ran and got Mom to drive me and we left for the Vet ER again, in less than a week.
Shortly after we got on the road, he returned to normal, so then at least we knew it was a seizure, but we weren't sure what was causing it. We left him with the vet and he called to let us know that so far they've ruled out heart issues and liver issues, and that there are one or two more tests that he'll have results for in the morning, but so far overall things look good. He mentioned epilepsy, which evidently starts showing itself around this age, which he's 3 1/2, so I guess we'll just see what happens tomorrow.... Shall I tell you what's on the schedule for tomorrow.......nah......I'll save it for tomorrow, I have to go get some sleep. :)
Other than Happy's incident, the evening went well and I'm pleased with how well we're finally getting into the groove. Things just go so much smoother and things happen more consistently that need to happen when we stick to the routine....you know things like brushing teeth.....bathing/showering......those kind of things.....
So stay posted for tomorrow's saga! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment