Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pancake Picnic

Saturday morning Mom made pancakes, bacon and OJ for the boys, with Jayden's help and then they loaded up to take breakfast out to the boys at the tree fort. Here are the boys in their tree where they are working on their fort.
Max was so excited to see Grandma he gave her a big hug......or maybe he was excited about the food.........sometimes you just can't tell with boys......
Max contemplating the last drop of OJ...
The seats are logs that were big enough that I wanted to save them out instead of splitting them, so we could use them as seats around our second fire pit.....
It was a little chilly and here Lee uses the pancake to warm his sweet cheeks......


Grandma helping load the kids plates...


Today had a slow start....but an ok finish.....I guess I really don't have much to say about the morning.....

But the afternoon was great, Brent came home and took the younger two boys and the older three boys and I went off to an art experience at a local art musuem. They toured the musuem and did a hands on project. They enjoyed themselves and I enjoyed myself relaxing in the younger kids area, without any young kids of my own to stress about! :)

When we got home I got some more cleaning done and the kids ate dinner. After dinner/chores and showers, we went over to the new house and looked at rooms with an eye towards what we'll be painting and who is really going to go where.

Lee has changed his mind about having his own room, so we discussed some ideas for having the three youngest boys in one room and I think it'll all work out really well. We're going to end up using the smallest room on the second floor for a reading/music room and I think it's going to work really well. The hard part is that the two rooms downstairs that are going to be an office and a school room are smaller than I remember.....so I'm doing some adjusting and thinking.

Now I'm off to bed to hopefully get a good night's sleep and have a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to be the first to comment! lol Seriously, though, you have such a wonderful blog. I love all the pics (and your commentary, of course). You have such a delightful family, and I think it really comes through in what you post here. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

It's fun to see what you and your family have been up to. Everyone looks great! Your blogs are a current version of Little House on the Prairie, huh? Congratulations on getting your new home. I hope to be able to see it one day!

Love from Arizona,

Kathy