So now that I've spent an hour getting the previous post up (I was reading the blogs I like to read, and doing my blog, so that slowed me down.) I'm off to sort boxes and such.
There are five families participating in this rummage sale, so I'm hoping it'll draw people into the back roads as that is where my friend's house is. She however had the closest house to the main road. There is a city wide rummage sale going on this weekend and so we're hoping to draw from the people headed there. We'll see.
Brent and I have the goal of having our storage unit empty by the rummage sale, so the rule is it has to find a home here or go to a new one. We have very little storage space left in the cabin, old house and Mom's container, so most of it will be leaving. We've lived without these items for a year and we're very comfortable in the cabin, so most of it will be very happy in a new home. :)
Yesterday first thing after chores we went to a local park to hang out with two families from our church that also homeschool. The children from one of the families is heading out of state to spend the summer with their Dad, so we wanted to see them one more time before then.
After the park I stopped at the hardware store to see if they had the battery termonal that Brent needed and they did! So I didn't have to go into Manitowoc which is another 20 mins further. Then we stopped by the school to get Amanda's sports phyisical card as she had an appointment in the afternoon for her sports phyisical.
Then we headed home and had lunch. After lunch I reorganized the laundry/bathroom area so that if I had stuff I wanted to keep I could find spaces for them. Which I did have a few things I wanted and I still have room for more. Which is good as I do have one more bathroom box to unpack.
Mom redid the kitchen Monday and now all my kitchen boxes are sorted and that feels good.
I did get all the book boxes we picked up Monday up to the boy's room, where the majority of shelf space and am hoping to get those sorted today. But first I need to unload the van as later in the afternoon, after Amanda's appt. we stopped at the storage unit and filled up the van with boxes.
Brent and I also took five tables to my friend's house and when I got home I rode the horse and mowed until it was too dark to see, even with the mower's headlight!
I was so happy, we were in bed with light's out by 10:30pm, as I'm working on a better bedtime, anything's better than midnight! But then the room went silent as the fan turned off by itself. So we got up to investigate, thinking we'd blown a breaker somehow, but it turns out that the neighbors didn't have power either, so someone/something must have hit a power pole somewhere. So back to bed and some time in the night the power came back on.
Now I'm off to sort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment