Thursday, June 21, 2007

more mowing

The mowing is all done for the week!!!!! It feels so good to have gotten all the mowing and weed wacking done! We almost got all of it done in one day, but I forgot the garden! But it's done and looks sooooo good!!! I mowed so much, that when I was driving into town yesterday, I felt like I was still mowing! Did I mention it's a lot of mowing?! Amanda and Than did over half of it and I did the rest and it's still a lot of mowing! The kids do the parts they're comfortable with, like the wide open spaces and some of the spots where they have to be careful and then I do the spots that take a lot of care or manuvering and gradually the kids are getting more and more comfortable with the tighter spots or the spots that take more care, so hopefully by next summer they'll be doing almost all of it. Although I really enjoy it and will always do some of it.

We're working like mad to get everything done before family gets here tomorrow!!! We just have today's stuff to get done and then we should be able to relax and enjoy our guests!! My Mom's Mom is coming along with Mom's sister and husband and two of their kids. Then Brent's Parent's are coming along with his brother and wife and their three kids. So we're going to have a lot of fun!!

Lee's getting baptised this weekend, thus the visits from both sides of the family!

We'll have people here from Friday to Monday, so I doubt I'll have time to blog, but I should have good pictures and stories when I come back.

One funny.....Max was helping weed the garden yesterday and asked if he could pull a carrot and Grandma said "no, they're not big enough yet" So Max asked if he could sit there and watch them grow! Mom told the boys to stop laughing at him!

Another big item for me is that I got the chicken pen moved, it's the first move since we set it all up and it went pretty well. I won't dread it quite so much the next time!

The garden is doing well and we're starting to see vegtables growing, we have a cucumber growing and I believe Mom said she was picking cauliflower for dinner last night. I wasn't here as I was in town doing guitar lesson with Lee and running errands.

Now I'm off to work hard and get this day done!!

No comments: