Thursday, June 14, 2007

mornings

Just as any FYI, the time being posted on the bottom of my posts, is not my time zone. I think it's mountain, but it may even be pacific, so even though it says I was posting at 4:30ish in the morning, really it was after 5 and maybe even after 6!!

I have gotten up earlier the last two mornings and it does make a difference in that I'm getting blogging done. :) And I'm awake when the kids get up and I can get them directed into chores and such right away. So we'll see how long this lasts. I'm so not a morning person!!

And I wanted to show you the view out my back door. The weather has been heating up, 80s yesterday, and so the ground is misty in the morning with the change of temps and it's so beautiful and peaceful out in the fields. Well, peaceful if you ignor the crows. :)

This is the view of the northwest pasture at about 5:45 in the morning. You can get a feel for the mistiness, but it's just not the same as being here. :)You can see the back half of the horse in her corral, enjoying the morning peace also. (note cocked hind leg)



This is a shot of the tree right out the back door, and all the stacks of lumber from the two barns that got torn down last summer/fall.



This is looking southwest and across the road you can see the neighbor's red barn. In the middle you can see the road slightly. These pictures were mostly taken off the back porch, although for this one I had to move to the side of the cabin in order to get a clear view of the barn. You can also get a feel for the rolling hills here.



This is looking southeast and doesn't have the mist like the other pastures. But it's still beautiful in the sunrise.




And here is the picture I took of the horse after I disturbed her peace. :) She wasn't too sure about the camera, but eventually got over it. She's doing really well and we've managed to ride her two out three days so far.





I of course have more to say, but am out of time, we're leaving to go strawberry picking and then off to my friend's house to label stuff for sale. So I may not get back until tomorrow morning. But we had a good day yesterday and got lots done, so I feel good about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those photos are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for sharing your life and where you live with us!