Sunday, June 10, 2007

a funny or two

I didn't think to post these, but Mom says I should so.....

I was telling Brent that Jayden hadn't vacuumed the last few days because earlier this week when he was vacuuming he got to playing with the vacuum and his socks and he vacuumed up a sock. So I was explaining this to Brent while Mom was drinking her water and she almost spit it back out. :) (one of his chores is to vacuum the stairs a few times a week, yes a few times, there are nine pair of human feet and three sets of animal feet that tromp up and down them multiple times daily. :) )

Earlier this week while Brent was in NY I was dealing with getting Max to sleep at bedtime and it had been three or more hours and I had pretty much misplaced any and all patience and I spanked him, to which he replied "I don't want to see you do that again, Mommy." Think he's heard that a time or two? :)

Coming home from church today, all nine of us were in the suburban, and we made a comment about the bar-b-que being broke and could Brent fix it. To which Brent replied he wasn't sure, so Mom made the comment that she knew what Daddy was getting for Father's Day next week. From clear in the back we heard Jayden's little voice say..."a spanking!" Clearly thinking of the birthday tradition of recieving spankings on your special day. :) Which we don't really do....so it's strange that he'd think of it at all.

So there you go, hopefully one of these gave you your chuckle for the day. :)

No comments: