
Max had me retake this picture many times until I got him actually cutting the paper! He's so funny.
Jayden had just lost one of his front teeth earlier in the day and here we took a picture of his "snaggle" tooth. He lost this tooth that evening!
I'm in Louisiana until next Thursday. Yesterday we hung out for awhile at Courtney's home and then we headed to a park for an awards ceremony for her oldest, Matt, who had been at Scout Day Camp all week. When we got there I took her two youngest, Sariah and Cody (6 and 2) and we played on the playground equipment while Courtney went to the ceremony. Talk about a brutal introduction to southern heat and humidity!!! When I got here Thursday night it was intermittenly cloudy and it was after 6pm when I got out of the car, so it was much cooler than the regular day time temps here, and felt awesome after leaving WI and temps of mid 60s as highs for the last week!
So after an hour of playing and swinging and walking today in the park at 1pm, I was dripping sweat and the kids were hot and sweaty. So we went back to the van and got our water and I was going to just sit for a few minutes in the van's ac and let the kids and I cool down, but Courtney told me to take a drive to cool the van even more. So the kids and I ended up at a fast food drive through to get large cups of liquid! I was thirsty!! I got a lemonade and they got fruit punch.
Then last night Courtney and I went and played vball with her friends. They play all school year, every Friday morning. When school lets out they play once a month on Friday night and then go out to eat afterwards. It was lots of fun. We went out to dinner at a little cafe called Taste of Louisiana. I got fried stuffed crabs with hushpuppies. So good. I was a little disappointed to see no fried alligator! I had called Brent on the way and told him the name of the place we were going, so we thought for sure there would be fried alligator on the menu!! But Courtney assured me that if I wanted fried alligator we could find it another night. I think I'll pass.
Today we're off after noon for an afternoon of girl time. We're headed to the temple and then probably some shopping or least window shopping, and who knows what else! This will probably be one of our last times of having no kids with us. Josh is preparing to take his bar exam and is doing a lot of studying so he can pass it the first time. He also is working part time at a law office. So this will be a really nice treat for Courtney, who is feeling like a single parent lately. Josh leaves at 7:30am and goes to class for four hours, it's a prep course for the bar, then goes to work for four hours, then goes to the law library and studies for several more hours. So she's often the only parent who's home all day! So we're going to live it up!! Well.......at least enjoy ourselves!!


1 comment:
Glad to see you are finally back! It was awsome to read about your trip and to hear the end we were kind of left hangin for awhile. Hope all is well we love and miss you Shelly
Post a Comment