Sunday, August 19, 2007

time flows along

It's been a busy week. Mom left to visit family and friends on Wednesday. We picked up one of the boy's friend's and went to the beach after dinner, then stopped at a friend's house after and had root beer floats. On Thursday we did some wood splitting, nail pulling, house cleaning and then hung out on the beach for the afternoon.

Friday was non stop action, we got up early, got chores done, including feeding the neighbors animals (from Thursday to Monday), ran into town, did some shopping, attended park day and gave the friend back to his Mom, then headed back to our area where we dropped off dinner for some friend's whose husband had surgery on his foot. Then instead of Fox Hills, we went swimming at the beach and had the potluck at the friend who lives by the beach. While at the beach, I and another friend went to her house and picked up their dog, who is now Collin's dog,(I'll post pics later) and she hung out with us at the beach and potluck. After the potluck we brought another friend home with us and fed the neighbor's animals. We feed them twice a day.

Saturday we cleaned, split wood, picked up dead apples (to avoid attracting yellow jackets)and when the rain didn't let up, we vegged in the cabin. :) The kids watched TV and played gamecube. Our friend's parents came and ate dinner with us and his Mom and I ran to the store with the girls for ice cream to have root beer floats. His Dad hung out with Brent and watched the packer game.

Today we went to church and then napped. This evening after dinner we fed the neighbor's animals and when we got back to our driveway, I let Than drive.......yes you read that right, Than drove down the driveway and to the back of the property. Then Collin got to drive. They did well, and I'm doing it so I have more drivers. I like sending a kid to get a vehicle when I'm in need of one and not close to one. It'll be awhile before Collin's useful, but I think Than will be useful very shortly! That is why I had kids after all, to be my slaves and I need them more then ever now that we're on 40 acres!

Below are pics of my youngest slave.....I mean son who is shucking corn for Grandma last week.














No comments: