Saturday, February 24, 2007

power stations and storms

Yesterday we spent the morning catching up on cleaning and such after a very hectic week. Then after lunch we went to the visitors center at Point Beach Nuclear Plant, which is where Brent is now working. We went with a friend and her two boys. It was well done with lots of hands on stuff for the kids. We'll probably go visit multiple times as there was quite a bit of written info and with the younger kids running here and there it was hard to actually read any of the info. Although Than and Collin did absorb more than I thought. Collin watched the movie that was available and enjoyed that. He and Brent talked about it when Brent was tucking him for the night. And when we were looking at the model of Point Beach, Than wanted to know where Daddy worked, so I had to call Brent and try to pinpoint it on the model without Brent having seen the model, which only showed half the site as it's a two site plant. The second plant is the mirror image of the first one, so there really isn't any need to have the full model of it, but it made it difficult for us to pinpoint his work area. But we came close and next time Brent will probably go with us as he hasn't visted the center yet either.

We went from there to swimming and another friend and her daughter joined us there. That was great and then we came home. Mom had homemade pizza all ready for us to eat and right after we ate Amanda and I had to leave for school so she could play with the high school band at the basketball game. After I dropped her off I went and picked Dad up from his truck as he's home for the weekend. We have been dropping him off at his truck and picking him up as the white truck hasn't been starting in the coldest weather. So after picking him up, I went back and picked up Amanda and headed home. At the same time I got a call from Brent who had been helping a family from our church move in, and he was coming home. So we all got home about the same time.

It was nice to have us all under the same roof once again.

The news every where is full of snow storm we're supposed to have this weekend. They've even named it! So we're working on getting stuff done this morning so we can just stay home and enjoy our cozy log cabin and being all togther as a family. We spent the last two weeks running here and there and we've really missed our family time. It looks to be a fairly big storm, big enough to cancel a lot of stuff, like a youth trip Amanda had down to Chicago today and possibly church tomorrow. They're talking blizzard conditions tomorrow. We'll see. They don't cancel stuff here for snow very often, so if they're already talking of canceling church, it's going to be a major storm! We're expecting over 12 inches of snow by Sunday night according to the news people. I hope it's true, most of our snow melted last week in our "heat wave" and I miss it. I'm not ready for winter to be over yet.

So now I'm off to do my part of getting stuff done around here. I'm sure I'll be back letting you know all about our snow!! It's supposed to starte this afternoon, although we got a dusting overnight.

No comments: